Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oh Sunday.

--The front yard, over the past three weekend weedings, is looking much better. Almost good, in fact. The shasta daisies have returned. The oregano is looking mighty fine.

--Jeff and I have three shared days off in a week. My mom will take the girls for those days, and he and I can have some time together. There are all sorts of things we can do around the house that we don't find space for during the normal week. Just finding a nail and hammer, in order to hang a picture that we know would look really good in a certain place, can be overwhelming sometimes.

--Sophie and Lucy are really beginning to communicate with us. It is amazing. They will look in your eyes and you can see the love and trust. They can kiss. They stroke my face. When they smile, it makes all bad go.

--I've been taking short walks with one of the girls around the street and we are getting to know our neighbors. The people on the corner pulled some baby carrots out of their garden and gave them to me today. We have a good street.

--I'm hella depressed tonight. I read a memoir by Richard Brautigan's daughter Ianthe, and it felt less lonely having his spirit, through her, and her, with me.

1 comment:

  1. Three days a week? That's awesome, and just in time for Spring, too ! We should share "before & after" yard photos, for motivation..

    ReplyDelete