Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Is Anybody Out There

That's ok if not.  It's been a year and a day since my last post (father, have I sinned?). 
I hate October.  For sure.   Between Halloween and Jan. 1, I'm good.  Then from then until the first burst of spring, I hate it again.  Which pretty much sums up the whole month of February (sorry, sis).  It only took me 43 years of going through this before realizing how bad seasonal affective whatever you call it gets for me.  The shortening of days.  The coldening of days.  The long slog to warmth.  The other day I went into a butterfly exhibit at Six Flags and it was about fifteen degrees warmer.  My whole soul went YAH.  That was a little shocking.

Lots has happened, but it's been of the going around in circles and ending up only slightly differently positioned since last time I checked in.  Jeff has outgrown his job in the way Lucy has her size 3 jammies.  We've cut the feet off, and the fabric is starting to wear thin in the knees.  Yet.  We'll see what happens with that.  My job, fine.  Still in the house, with more improvements.  Girls are well ensconced in kindergarten at the shishi school across town.  I drop them off normally looking more unwashed and grumpy (I imagine, anyway) than the other parents.  They are learning to read (cute!).

It feels as though a gear has changed and things are easier, though time is passing faster.  I will be 44 in a few weeks.  I've lost 10 pounds!  I gave up flour and milk.  That was it.

Other than that, I'm feeling the usual restlessness/despair of fall.  Blech.

1 comment: