Monday, October 15, 2012

OMG! A Blog Post!

I'm writing this because I'm having one of those days where I am utterly uninterested in work.  Utterly.  Very difficult to fake that I don't want to read another piece of freshman composition, or agree/disagree with the president at the staff meeting, or be a conduit of information, etc. etc.

All in all, I'm having a good year being senate chair...so far.  Today, however, I could just as easily chuck it all.   Today would have been a good day to get the girls off to preschool, then go back to my clean house and drink coffee and read all day long. 

Anyway, here's where we are right now:  looking for a job for Jeffy.  There might be one at my school, and there are most definitely two positions at a campus in San Jose.  As the leads come in, the applications go out, but I am preparing myself for The Move, whether it be this spring or next.  Jeff has dealt with the inevitable living-with-the-mother-in-law thing (I think the $3500 a month rents have gotten his attention), and I am slowly shifting my books from our storage space to my office, to make room for--possibly--furniture that we'll need to store while we build our house.  All decorating work on our current house has stopped, even though the place is becoming really cute and actually lived-in-looking.

Rosa and Claire were here last weekend, which was wonderful in that soul-recharging way, and we walked down to our place to have a little looky-round.  It is becoming more real.  It is also a bit terrifying...this creating something from nothing.

The girls are excellent.  Excellent girls.

I've joined Pinterest, if anyone is interest.  My handle is drbucket.  There you can see what a big fan of clutter I am.  It seems that all I want to do is organize:  books, pictures, spices, etc.  That's ok.  You is what you is.

Health is good, albeit the weight thing.  At least I'm thinking about an exercise regimen....

3 comments:

  1. A new post, yay!!! As much as I know you'll hate to leave your current place, I'm excited that we might get to see you a little more often. Crossing my fingers for Jeff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this really late, but it sounds like you're having a healthy dose of drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading this even later, but in case you're checking...where are you building the new place? I want to say Santa Cruz or thereabouts? Building a house..sounds pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete